It is not enough to sit, read and underline to study. Help your child to have a more effective study. They are very simple recommendations, that if we make them part of the study routine, we will increase the level of learning and also be more dynamic and will be reflected with good grades.
- Choose and adapt the study space: it is important that the space is clear, orderly, with good lighting and ventilation. It is always recommended to study in the same place, it will help to concentrate faster
- Prepare the material (books, notebooks and pen / pencil) and remove possible distractors such as mobile and computer.
- It determines the time of study: it is verified that more information is retained and assimilated stipulating periods of less than 30 minutes
- Organize the information: if it is a very extensive topic, it is recommended to divide it into subtopics that are easy to remember or relate them to some topic of daily life.
- It is recommended not to memorize the information but to understand it. If you want to know more about the types of learning, click here.
- Make personal notes as a summary of what has been learned, it is recommended to use colors and other study techniques such as conceptual maps, mental maps, synoptic charts, sign cards, questionnaires, diagrams and drawings.
- Explain with your words the lesson studied to another person: this will achieve significant learning and not memorization. As Einstein said, you should explain things as if you were telling your grandmother, in this way you put to the test what you really learned.
- Good nutrition: try to include foods high in antioxidants, such as almonds, walnuts, cranberries
- Hydration: it is essential to drink water, you can also drink other drinks such as green tea
- Restful sleep: it is very important to sleep for 6 to 8 hours, it helps to consolidate what has been learned.
- If you like aromatherapy, you can use a diffuser with lavender essence, this will help your child concentrate more easily.
I leave a video that talks about the cientific study tips