What does good education mean?
Making the person next to you feel comfortable is the best way to demonstrate your education, regardless of our customs or culture.
Always placing the needs of others above ours, would be a good premise.
But how do we have to act when having a guest at home? Here we leave you 9 useful recommendations that will help you:
- Greet: the first thing to do as a househost is to welcome your guest. Invite him to come in. Fell totally relaxed and comfortable, this will emanate good energy and will create a nice environment.
- Offer a drink, food: your guest might come from a long journey hungry, thirsty or tired. Invite them to have a drink or to eat something. They might be tired, offer them to wash up and rest if they want to.
- Run of the house and boundaries of the stay: show your gest around, it is important that he gets familiar with the house. Show them their room and anything he needs to know for his stay. But don’t overwhelm him with too much information.
- Give a Schedule: Give your guest a brief explanation or what your plans are, your timetables, when will you be at home, when will the meals take place, cooking menus…
- Make them comfortable: make it clear “my house is your house”. Make everything that’s possible to make them feel like at home. For example, give them kitchen orientation, to help themselves whenever they want.
- Basic needs: provide them with anything they can possible need. For example, clean towels, clean sheets, hygiene bath items…
- Privacy: Give them space and privacy. If they want to be alone in their room, rest or take a nap, respect that. It is not necessary to keep them busy all the time.
- Neat and clean house: make sure everything is clean tidy and neat, specially his or her room. You can even leave fresh flowers in their room as a way of saying welcome.
- Ask for arrival information: and last but not least, coordinate with your guest so that you are ready for when he arrives and receive him at the right time with a great welcome.
Finally, any standard or custom of the house is much better and more comfortable for everyone to speak from the first day.
I hope you have served this post to prepare the arrival of your guests.
We found a video from the blogger Amy Aniobi about “How To Be a Good Host” vía Youtube, that might be helpful to complement this information.